Updated: 8 October 2018
We recognize that your privacy is very important to you and that it is your right to control your personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that trust seriously.
COOKIES AND OTHER INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more “cookies”. By accessing our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device.
What Are Cookies?: A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer to store your preferences. Cookies are not personally identifiable by themselves, but they can be linked to personal data you provide to us.
How We Use Internet Technologies: In addition to cookies, we may also use other internet technologies such as web beacons, pixel tags and other similar technologies to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of our website. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, and how. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, advertising campaigns, and the products and services we offer through our website. By accessing our website and agreeing to receive our e-mail messages or newsletters, you agree that we can use other internet technologies such as those mentioned above on your device.
As a general rule, we will only collect and use your personal data notified to you.
WAYS IN WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE COLLECTED
- when you purchase tickets or sign up for services or programmes in person at our counters or through our authorised ticketing agents;
- when you are a member of a group booking or school trip;
- when you volunteer or participate in any programmes or make use of any services offered by us; or
- when you participate in any survey conducted by us.
- This is not an exhaustive list. If we collect any personal data on you for any reason, or through any means, any such collection and use of your personal data will be subject to this Policy.
HANDLING OF PERSONAL DATA
Only authorised staff have access to your personal data. Our authorised staff are contractually obliged to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data at all times.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell any personal data in our possession to anyone or any third party for any purpose. Your personal data will not be published on our website or App or otherwise made available by us, unless otherwise agreed or self-initiated. We will only disclose your personal data in circumstances that have been specifically notified to you or otherwise only in limited circumstances such as to government departments, statutory boards, regulatory or law enforcement agencies or in accordance with the applicable laws.
COMPLIANCE OF THIRD PARTIES
In the event that we may be required to share your personal data with any third party we will notify you beforehand and obtain your consent.
HOW WE MAY USE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- to respond to your requests and queries;
- to verify and process your personal particulars;
- to process your registration on our website and in connection with your use of the website after such registration;
- to process your subscription to the E-newsletter and for purposes related to your subscription;
- to process your purchase of tickets or participation in any of our programmes, schemes or services;
- to process any purchases or donations made by you (offline or online), including effecting payment;
- to communicate with you;
- for marketing research, user profile and statistical analysis;
- to send you information, promotions, updates and marketing and advertising materials in relation to our products and services and those of third party organisations;
- complying with applicable laws and regulations, the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court; and
- for any other purpose including the disclosure of such information to third parties for commercial/business reasons.
SECURITY MEASURES IN PLACE TO PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
We have procedures in place to protect and safeguard the confidentiality of all personal data obtained by us and to ensure that it is kept safe, secure and private.
In the case of personal data obtained through the website, we adopt the following security and monitoring measures:
- Firewalls, anti-virus protection and intrusion detection systems to detect and prevent any forms of illegitimate activities and/or illegal intrusions of our network systems;
- Regular security reviews of our systems;
- Vigilant monitoring to detect any suspicious online activities at our website server
We are committed to monitoring our security systems constantly for potential situations that could compromise the security or the privacy of our customers, online users, visitors to our website, and to exploring new technology continually to enhance our security system. Nevertheless, we do not warrant the security of your personal data transmitted to us using our website and Internet and online services. This is because you accept the risks that any of your personal data transmitted to or received by us using our website, and Internet and online services may still be accessed and/or disclosed by unauthorised third parties.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under the Act, you have the right of access to your personal data in our possession or under our control or information which may have been used or disclosed by us within a year before the date of your request. Your request for access must be made to us in writing and is subject to the payment of any fees that we may prescribe.
CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
If you have any reason to believe that any personal data which you have provided to us is inaccurate, incorrect, incomplete or not updated, you may write to us. We will, after using reasonable efforts to verify the authenticity of the request, promptly update your records accordingly within seven (7) working days from the date of receipt of your request.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be retained by us for as long as the original purposes or the legal or business purposes for which your personal data was collected continue. If retention is no longer necessary, we will use reasonable efforts to delete, destroy or de-identify your personal data unless retention of the same is required to satisfy legal or regulatory requirements or to protect our interests or in accordance with our policies.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ENQUIRIES
If you have any queries, concerns or complaints relating to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data, please call us at (+65) 6271 7000 between 9:30am to 5pm, on Mondays to Fridays, or email the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or DataProtectionOfficer@MarinaBaySands.com. We will attend to your queries, concerns or complaints as soon as possible.
AMENDMENTS TO THE POLICY
We may amend this Policy from time to time and will make available the updated Policy on our website. By continuing to access our website and App you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended from time to time.
GOVERNING LAW AND SUBMISSION TO JURISDICTION
This Policy is governed by Singapore law and you agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
Additional Provisions Applicable to Processing of Personal Data of EU residents1
These provisions apply to you if you are a resident of the EU.
Rights of Individuals
Access, Correction and Erasure Requests
You have the right to:
- ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal data
- receive information on how your personal data is being processed
- obtain a copy of your personal data
- request that we update or correct your personal data
- request that we delete personal data in certain circumstances
Right to Object to Processing
You have the right to request us to cease processing your personal data:
- for marketing activities, including profiling
- for statistical purposes
- where such processing is based on our legitimate business interests, unless we are able to demonstrate a compelling legitimate basis for such processing or we need to process your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to request that we limit the processing of your personal data:
- while we are evaluating or in the process of responding to a request by you to update or correct your personal data
- where such processing is unlawful but you do not want us to delete your personal data and would like us simply to store your personal data instead
- where we no longer require such data, but you want us to retain the personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim
- where you have submitted an objection to processing based on our legitimate business interests, pending our response to such request
Data Portability Requests
You have the right to request that we provide you or a third party that you designate with certain of your personal data in a commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that data portability rights only apply to personal data that we have obtained directly from you and only where our processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract.
We will only release personal data to your designated third party where it is technically feasible and you agree that we are not responsible for the security of such personal data or its processing once released to such third party.
You may submit your requests as provided for under (Customer Service and Enquiries) of the main Policy. We will endeavour to respond to all such requests within one month of receiving your request but may require up to two months to respond where there are extenuating circumstances. Please note, however, that certain personal data may be exempt from such rights pursuant to applicable local laws. We will verify your identity before responding to your request and may also charge you a reasonable fee for copies of personal data that you request.
Right to Withdraw Consent
You may withdraw your consent to (i) any processing that we conduct solely based on your consent (such as sending direct marketing materials to your personal email account); or (ii) marketing activities by following the instructions on any marketing emails or contacting us in the manner provided for under (Customer Service and Enquiries) of the main Policy.
Segmentation (also known as profiling) and Automated Decision Making
We may from time to time use personal data to segment our visitors and customers based on share characteristics such as geography, behaviour or demographics. With your consent, we make from time to time make automated decisions based on such segmentation or your specific personal data to offer you certain benefits based on your characteristics. You may withdraw your consent to such automated decision-making at any time following the withdrawal of consent procedure described above.
If there is any conflict between the provisions of this Appendix and the provisions of the main body of the Policy, the provisions of this Appendix will prevail.
1 Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Natural Persons with Regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of Such Data (commonly referred to as the “General Data Protection Regulation” (“GDPR”)